Who we are
The Association "Canticle Wine Route" was instituted in 2002 with the objective of afferming the historical, cultural, environmental, economic and social identity of the participating townships: Assisi, Bettona, Cannara, Collazzone, Deruta, Fratta Todina, Marsciano, Massa Martana, Monte Castello di Vibio, Perugia, Spello, Todi, Torgiano.
Principal areas of activity- To provide incentives for economic development through the promotion of an integrated tourism supply based on the quality of products and services;
- to enhance and promote the tourism aspects of farm and wine production, farm food activities, the production of wine & food specialties and of an eco-compatible economy;
- to enhance the naturalistic, historical, cultural and environmental attractions of the territory;
- to promote the development of a modern entrepreneurship;
- to determine and control quality standards for its members;
- to spread the image and awareness of the Strada through commercialisation and representation initiatives at exhibitions and trade fairs and through the publication of promotional materials.
Canticle Wine Route...
Besides being the land of saints, Umbria is also a land of great wines. Favoured by a particularly mild climate, it is particularly suited to the cultivation of vineyards, partially because of the geo-morphological characteristics of the land, generally loose and permeable, which foster the growth and full ripening of the grapes.
With a vast and courageous operation of re-implantation and planting out of vines suited to the environment, begun in the 1960's, the foundation was laid for continuous specialisation in growing vines, able, therefore, to supply an excellent production on a level of quality, without forcing yields.
Thus, today the Canticle Wine Route would represent an original union between the atmospheres, colours, magic and traditions of the most representative places in Umbria and the harmony of its wines and gastronomic specialties.
The Canticle Wine Route is meant to help visitors discover ancient villages, citties, castles, churches and abbeys to create the experience of a voyage in the past through commemorations, feasts and traditions which today animate moments of great vivacity and interest; to experience the natural rhythms of the earth, discover the places where noble wines are born, thanks to the toil and ingenuity of man, to enjoy flavours that recall farm traditions and industriousness, with a great variety of dishes and of combinations of flavours.
One can travel the Canticle Wine Route using the historical network of roads, following the secondary scenic roads by car but also by bicycle.
Last Minute from Canticle Wine Route:
San Valentino a Perugia: intimo, esclusivo, speciale!
7 proposte con personal spa riservata esclusiva